Jon M. Hawes, Ph.D.
Director, Sales & Negotiations Center
- B.S.: Indiana State University (marketing and economics)
- M.B.A.: Indiana State University (business administration)
- Ph.D.: University of Arkansas (marketing)
- Sales management
- Business negotiations
- Professional selling
- Marketing strategy
- Developing trust within buyer-seller relationships
- Sales management
- Sales and marketing education
Selected Awards & Honors
Winner of various teaching awards, including:
- McGraw-Hill/Irwin "National Sales Teacher of the Year Award" from the American
Marketing Association, 2009
- Prentice Hall's "Solomon-Marshall-Stuart Award for Innovative Excellence in Marketing
Education," from the American Marketing Association, 2006.
- Hormel "Master Teacher Award" from the Marketing Management Association
- "Distinguished Sales Educator Award" from the University Sales Center Alliance
His article "Trust Earning Perceptions of Buyers and Sellers" was identified as the most
cited article in the history of the Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
- “Recognizing Distributive or Integrative Negotiation
Opportunities in Marketing Channels: The Conceptualization of
Adaptive Negotiations,” (with David E. Fleming), Journal of
Marketing Channels, 21 (issue 4, 2014).
- "Technology Perceptions in Employees’ Use of Self-Directed Learning," (with
David E. Fleming and Andrew B. Artis), Journal of Services
Marketing, 28 (Issue 1, 2014), 50-59.
- "Using Sales Management Students to Manage a Student Salesforce: An Innovative
Active Learning Project," (with Joyce A. Young), Marketing Education
Review, 23 (Spring 2013),37-42.
- "The Role of Salespeople in the Efficient Operation of the Marketing Channel,"
(with Thomas L. Baker), Journal of Marketing Channels, 18 (Issue 3,
2011), 165 - 169.
- "Managing Relationships with Chinese Joint Venture Partners," (with Timothy J.
Wilkinson and Andrew R. Thomas), Journal of Global Marketing, 22
(Issue 2, 2009), 109-120.