William J. Warfel, Ph.D., CPCU, CLU
Professor, Insurance & Risk Management
- B.B.A.: St. Johns University
- M.B.A.: University of Oklahoma
- Ph.D.: Indiana University
Dr. Warfel received his bachelor's degree from The College of
Insurance, his MBA from the University of Oklahoma, and his doctorate
with a major in risk management and insurance from Indiana University.
He has published a number of of articles in the CPCU Journal, the
Journal of Insurance Regulation, the Journal of Products Liability, and
Risk Management Magazine. His research focuses largely on the interface
of insurance and law. He has been retained as an expert witness in a
number of legal cases involving breach of contract, agent/broker errors
and omissions, and bad faith. Dr. Warfel teaches Introduction to Risk
and Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, and Commercial
- Introduction to risk and insurance, health insurance, life
insurance, commercial liability insurance, insurance seminar
- Risk classification issues
- Natural disasters and disruption in property insurance markets
- Judicial interpretation of commercial liability insurance
contracts and resulting price / availability implications
- Price/ availability issues in insurance markets
- Warfel, W. (2011). Public Official Bonds: Determining the Intent
of the Parties to the Contract. The John Liner Review, 68-76.
- Warfel, W., & Adamson. (2010). Insurance Certificate
Disclaimers: A Tutorial. The John Liner Review, 52-60.
- Warfel,W. (2010). Agent/Broker Liability-An Identification of
Potential Errors and Omissions Liability Issues. CPCU eJournal,
- Warfel,W. (2010). Agent/Broker Liability: A Tutorial for
Commercial Policyholders. The John Liner Review, 26-37.