Companies are able to physically locate their operations at the Business Engagement Center. Services included via incubation include:
- Office and lab space: amenities include private office space, phone line and office furniture. The Business Engagement Center also offers printing capabilities. A break area with a refrigerator and microwave is provided.
- Administrative support: BEC offers the services of a professional administrative assistant to handle schedules, meetings, messages, invoice and supplies’ tracking.
- ISU looks for opportunities to assist companies by identifying needs and coordinating University solutions.
- Funding: companies can receive assistance in researching grant and venture capital opportunities, as well as proposal writing.
- Business plan development and refinement: ISU offers assistance in business plan development and refinement, for both start-up as well as existing companies, including marketing and financial plans and projections.
- Indiana Venture Capital Investment Tax Credit application assistance.
- Indiana 21st Century Research and Technology Fund application assistance.
Technology Transfer and Commercialization
- Commercialization services: facilitating the collaboration between company and ISU faculty and students for product development (i.e. marketing focus groups, internships, etc.)
- Technology transfer: helping to develop, market, protect and license commercially viable technologies created at ISU.
- The Business Engagement Center maintains a robust network of business and industry specialists, entrepreneurs, faculty, government officials, and organizations and institutions at the regional and national levels. Companies can benefit and grow from being connected to such partners.