The Sycamore Career Ready Certificate is a means to enhance students’ preparation for professional work in the competencies identified below. This certification will provide employers insight into participants’ level of preparation and professionalism, and will encourage participants to gain valuable experiences to prepare them for their career. Completion of this certificate program does not guarantee employment.
In order to earn the Sycamore Career Ready Certificate, students must:
- Complete all required activities and choose from the Optional activities listed in the “Completion Checklist” linked below.
- Complete all requirements prior to graduation. Most participants will take two years to complete the program, but it can be accomplished in a shorter timeframe. It is recommended that students register for the program by the end of their sophomore year.
- Meet with a career advisor once per semester to evaluate progress in the program. It is recommended students have regular contact via email and phone.
- Gain competitive advantage in the job application process
- List program completion on resume and co-curricular record
- Post resume in Sycamore Career Ready online resume book increasing exposure to employers and community members
- Understand effective job search tools and how to enhance written and verbal communication skills expected from employers in the job search
- Receive a Career Kit: portfolio, business card case, and other professional gifts
- Enter raffle for $500 clothing gift certificate
- Fulfill one requirement for Foundational Studies Category 2 UDIE *
* There are no credit hours associated with the certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
To register for the Sycamore Career Ready Certificate Program, please complete the registration form below. Each participant will be assigned a career advisor to monitor progress and advise him/her concerning career development and program requirements. Your assigned career advisor will be in touch with you after registration to review the program and get you started.