Center for Student Success
L E A P
What is LEAP?
ISU’s LEAP is a summer bridge program that provides instruction in the
basic skills needed to succeed in college. In addition to receiving this
preparation, students who successfully complete LEAP will earn 3 college
credits. This 3-week residential program provides the following
Students will meet other students, ISU staff, and faculty and have
relationships in place when the academic year begins.
Develop Crucial Skills That Enhance College Success
Students will learn how to navigate the college environment and will
develop skills associated with college success.
Earn College Credit
Students will enroll in a freshmen-level course that earns college
Increase Chances of Persisting to Sophomore Year
Students who have completed the program in the past are more likely to
remain enrolled in college for their sophomore year.
Increase Chances of Completing a Degree
Students who complete summer enrichment programs like LEAP have higher
graduation rates than those who do not participate.
- LEAP students who received a fall
term GPA of 3.0 or higher: 37 students, 22% of the
- LEAP students in good standing:
the percentage of LEAP students
matches the campus as a whole.
REGISTER FOR LEAP
Students must log-in, register, and pay your deposit for the program. To register for LEAP, follow these three easy steps (you will leave this page, and must return to complete registration):
- Activate your Sycamore Login (Student Portal): https://isuportal.indstate.edu/
Register for LEAP using your new Sycamore Login and password: https://secure1.vzorientation.com/indstate
- Your 991 (Student ID Number) can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your Login is activated, it will show you what your username is. Keep both your username and password in a safe place.
You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit.
For example, John Smith’s Sycamore Login may be jsmith78. John’s full email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your Sycamore Email
- Be sure to click “Submit” at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your new Sycamore Email Account
What do students say about the LEAP Program?
LEAP student achieves the Dean's list her first semester at ISU and
participates in the isu TV Spot: We're for you!