Center for Student Success
The CFSS advisement staff subscribe to the NACADA Statement of Core Values for Academic Advisement can be found at
PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT FOR CFSS ADVISEMENT:
Academic advising provides a comprehensive array of services aimed at aiding students in the development and implementation of appropriate and meaningful educational plans. The academic advising program is based on a developmental and collaborative approach which promotes both the human and intellectual growth of students.
GOALS OF CFSS ADVISING:
- To provide academic advising services to students assigned to the CFSS;
- To help students make well-informed choices regarding classes, majors, and other learning experiences;
- To help students develop appropriate academic and personal goals;
- To introduce students to the purpose and value of liberal education;
- To refer students to appropriate support services as needed;
- To serve as a liaison between students and other university offices and personnel;
- To encourage students to become self-reliant and to take responsibility for their academic success and progress toward degrees;
- To guide students toward the development of critical thinking and life management skills necessary for life long learning and achievement;
- To help students gain a clear understanding of institutional policies, procedures, and resources;
- To encourage students to develop positive connections with university and community programs and personnel.