- Extended Learning Home
- Outreach and Enrichment
- College Challenge
- Distance Education
What Do I Need to Get My Degree?
Tuition Fees & Financial Aid
Your financial situation shouldn't keep you from earning your degree. We will work with you to make it affordable.Learn More
It's Easy to Apply Online
Whether you're returning to school after 10 months or 10 years, continuing your education is a leap you won't regret taking.
Indiana State University has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association since 1915. Our goal is to ensure that ISU courses and degrees are of a quality and standard recognized by employers. In addition, we strive to ensure transferability of ISU credit to other colleges and universities, including graduate schools. The accreditation process promotes these goals and helps us to promote continuous improvement in higher education.
For more information, visit Accreditation.
Specialized Accreditations & Affiliations
In addition to institutional accreditation conferred by the HLC, many of Indiana State University's educational programs are accredited by specialized agencies, such as discipline-based organizations and professional associations.
- The Business Administration Program is accredited by the AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- All educator licensure programs and related school programs are accredited by the Indiana Department of Education and National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- The Electronics Engineering Technology Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Health and Safety (Occupational Safety Management Specialization) Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Human Resource Development Program is an affiliate of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management).
- The Insurance and Risk Management Program is accredited by the AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The Nursing master's and graduate certificate programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program began admitting students in the fall of 2010. The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission's Board of Commissioners granted the clinical doctorate nursing program (DNP) initial accreditation in March of 2013 and scheduled the next evaluation visit for Fall 2017.
- The Mechanical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the ABET/ETAC (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology/Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission).
- The Packaging Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Public Administration Program is a member of the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) and is associated with ASPA, the American Society for Public Administration.
- The Sport Management Program is approved by the Sport Management Review Council of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM).
- The Technology Management B.S. Program is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
Distance Education Students Residing Outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, visit program availability.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.