- Extended Learning Home
- Outreach and Enrichment
- College Challenge
- Distance Education
Information on Academic Programs
For information on academic programs (including advisement), students should contact their academic advisor or visit the academic department or college in which the major is housed:
For assistance with admission, campus tours, credit transfer, financial aid, housing options, registration, scholarships, and veterans benefits, students should contact:
Visual Impairment Graduate Licensure
Indiana State University offers a graduate licensure program for licensed teachers in special education or general education. Individuals interested in expanding their education and obtaining additional experience as an instructor of the visually impaired will benefit from this program, which is funded by the Indiana Department of Education through the Promoting Achievement for Students with Sensory Loss (PASS) grant at Blumberg Center.
- The Visual Impairment Graduate Licensure Program is a 16-credit-hour program delivered as a blended curriculum.
- The blended curriculum comprises coursework delivered via the Internet, live chat, and selected evening and weekend sessions on the ISU campus and in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Visual Impairment Graduate Licensure is a non-degree licensure (Indiana VI) program.
- The program is only open to Indiana residents.
Courses are delivered via the Internet. The first five (5) three-credit-hour courses each include: one or two weekend sessions (in Terre Haute or Indianapolis); occasional evening sessions on a weekday (in Indianapolis); and scheduled chat sessions. The sixth course is a one-credit-hour practicum.
[ list all ]
Applicants are eligible for the program under the following conditions:
- Applicants must hold (or be eligible for) an Indiana teaching license in Special Education or General Education.
- Applicants' undergraduate grade point average for the final two years of the program must be at least a 3.25.
- Applicants must meet the prerequisite requirements for entering the Visual Impairment Graduate Licensure Program to be eligible to enroll.
- Applicants holding (or are eligible for) an Indiana teaching license in General Education may be required to take some additional courses depending upon a review of their transcripts by the Indiana State University licensing advisor.
This program is only available to Indiana residents.
Admission to the Visual Impairment Graduate Licensure Program is managed solely by "Promoting Achievement for Students with Sensory Loss (PASS)." It is mandatory that individuals contact PASS prior to applying for admission to the University. For admission requirements and assistance, contact: PASS, Indiana VI Licensure Program, Educator of Students with Exceptional Needs, 1-800-622-3035 or 812-237-7887, www.indstate.edu/blumberg/pass
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
It is mandatory that individuals contact PASS (below) prior to applying for admission to the University. For admission requirements and assistance, contact:
Indiana VI Licensure Program
Educator of Students with Exceptional Needs
1-800-622-3035 or 812-237-7887
Further Information:Sharon Bryan
Blumberg Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Special Education
Indiana State University
1-800-622-3035 or 812-237-7887
Distance Education Students Residing Outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, visit program availability.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.