Students who wish to change their majors should consult with their current academic advisors.
Normally, students must be in good standing to make a change. Forms that must be completed are available
in the advisement coordinator's office in each college. Students will be notified by the new college or
major department regarding the procedures for completing the change of major.
- For a list (and overview) of all ISU majors, visit undergraduate majors.
- To determine how previously earned ISU credit applies toward completion of a particular
ISU major, use the "What-If Analysis" tool. To access, log on to MyISU Portal;
click Student Tab; select DARS Menu; select Submit an Audit; then select the
What-If Analysis and follow the instructions.
- For a list of ISU minors, visit academics.
- International students should contact an immigration advisor in the University's Office of International Programs and
Services regarding changes in their academic programs and possible impact on student visa and immigration status.
- Financial aid recipients should contact the University's Office of Student Financial Aid
regarding changes in their academic programs and possible impact on financial aid.
- Veterans Benefits: Students receiving educational benefits through Veterans Affairs must report any change in program or major.
For instructions, see veterans services.
Last updated: 1 May 2013
The Catalog of Indiana State University is
the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information
issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to
change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.