International Online Learners
APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
Step 1: Submit the following to Graduate Admissions (at right).
- Application: Apply on-line.
- $65.00 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID). No cash accepted. An application cannot be evaluated until the fee has been received. ISU students returning within two years from their last enrollment will be exempt from the $65.00 fee.
- Official transcripts (or certified copies - certified by the issuing institution) for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate)
must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions (see address above). E-transcripts should be sent to email@example.com
To request certified copies, see the following procedures.
- Students pursuing courses or licensure/endorsement programs must submit one of the following: an unofficial transcript conferring a degree; or a copy of diploma; or a copy of teaching license.
- Official GRE, GMAT, and PRAXIS scores (if required by program) must be sent directly from testing center to Graduate Admissions (above).
- Official TOEFL, ELS, or IELTS scores (unless exempt) must be sent directly from testing center to Graduate Admissions (above).
- Copy of passport. If studying in the United States a copy of your current I-94 card, F-1 or J-1 visa, and I-20 or DS2019 are also required.
If currently in the United States but not studying, a copy of the applicable visa must also be submitted.
- Please upload and attach any additional application materials required by the department as part of the online
application process (if required), for example, statement of purpose, resumes/curriculum vita. All international students
should upload the affidavit of financial support and other required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Refer to the admissions requirements for individual programs published in the graduate catalog or contact the program
director as the required documents vary.
Deadlines vary by program. Contact the academic department or program coordinator to determine admission deadlines and other important dates.
Note: Applicants are responsible for completing the application process in a timely fashion. The College of Graduate and Professional Studies is not responsible for delays caused by mailing services. Please note that an application will not be reviewed until all required documents are received.
Admission is evaluated based on the strength of the application, including:
- Undergraduate GPA or previous graduate GPA
- GRE or GMAT test scores (if required by the program)
- Recommendation letters (if required by the program)
- Statement of purpose (if required by the program)
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
Students must meet ISU requirements for English proficiency to be eligible for admission. Students may demonstrate proficiency by meeting one of the following criteria:
- TOEFL with minimum score of 550 (paper examination)
- TOEFL with minimum score of 79-80 (internet-based examination)
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 213 (computer based examination)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5
- INTERLINK Language Center: successful completion of Level 5
- ELS: successful completion of Level 112
- GRE scores with a minimum score of 149 in verbal
- Intensive English Program at Indiana University: successful completion of Level 6
- Completion of a prior degree or the successful completion of 30 or more credit hours of coursework (one academic year) at a regionally accredited institution in the United States or any English speaking country; or
an earned diploma from a high school in the United States
To view a list of TOEFL exempt countries, please click here.
Last updated: July 15, 2014