Welcome to Indiana State University. We are very happy that you have chosen to begin your university studies here. Indiana State University wants you to be successful in your studies, and we have established a transition summer program for you to help you begin your time here. It is very difficult to begin your freshman year during the summer. Few students from the United States start during the summer months. We realize constraints imposed by immigration regulations may require that you enroll during a summer term. Therefore, we have created this program to help you transition to Indiana State University.
If you choose to begin during the summer term, you are required to attend the following:
· Arrive at Indiana State University no later than Thursday, May 8,
· Participate in the required New Student Orientation on Friday, May 9, where you will meet your university advisor and register for classes,
· Begin classes on May 12, The English placement test to determine which English class you will take will be given at 9 a.m. in Holmstedt Hall, Room 103,
· Take two eight-week courses (An English course, to be determined based upon your placement examination and Economics 298),
· Attend the entire 8-week session (For those of you who observe Ramadan, these classes will conclude after the start of Ramadan, and we are very sorry, but no-one will be excused early).
Failure to arrive and attend any required sessions as listed above will result in a cancellation of your enrollment and visa status.
First-time, Full-time freshman international students will not be able to register for classes beginning in any other summer term. If you choose to begin your studies during the summer term of 2014, you must follow these guidelines. If you choose to change your term to the fall, you will be allowed to do that as long as your immigration status allows for this. Please be advised, changing your start term to fall will also require attendance at an orientation program to register for your classes prior to the start of the fall.
Please contact our office at ISU-IPS@mail.indstate.edu if you have any questions. We are looking forward to working with you this summer to begin a very successful university experience at Indiana State University.
Chris McGrew, Ph.D., Director
Center for Global Engagement
Indiana State University
If you are an undergraduate student, you are required to arrive on campus no later than August 10, 2014.*
We’re excited to have you join us at Indiana State University! International New Student Orientation will take place starting on Monday, August 11th, 2014.
Monday, August 11, 2014 at 9:00 am
Wednesday August 13, 2014