By: ISU Communications and Marketing Staff, ISU Communications and Marketing Staff
July 14, 2011
Some major streets serving downtown Terre Haute and the Indiana State University campus will be closed Monday for the funeral of city police Officer Brent Long, university officials announced.
Cherry and Eagle streets will be closed between Seventh and Ninth streets and Eighth Street will be closed from Chestnut Street to Wabash Avenue. The closures will be in effect starting at 7 a.m. with the streets expected to re-open to traffic by 4 p.m.
In addition, several parking lots in the southeastern quadrant of the ISU campus will be closed:
• Cherry Street Multi-Modal Transportation Facility
• Lot C (Ninth and Chestnut streets)
• Lot D and D Extension (Ninth and Eagle streets, southeast corner)
• Lot G (Facilities Management lot)
• Lot 15 (south of Statesman Towers, across from University Hall)
• Lot 20 (Ninth and Eagle streets, northwest corner)
• Lot 22 (Eighth and Eagle streets)
The ISU Office of Public Safety recommends that persons normally using these lots park instead in Lot M, located between Seventh and Eighth streets just south of the University Steam Plant, and Lot Q on the north side of Statesman Towers (Scott College of Business building and the old College of Education building).
Campus map: http://www.indstate.edu/news/pdf/campusmap.pdf
Media contact: Dave Taylor, media relations director, Office of Communications and Marketing, Indiana State University, 812-237-3743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some major streets serving downtown Terre Haute and the Indiana State University campus will be closed Monday for the funeral of city police Officer Brent Long.