All tenured and tenure-track faculty appointed to a department within the College shall constitute the voting faculty of the College.
Part time temporary faculty, special purpose faculty, full-time temporary faculty, emeriti faculty, administrators, professional staff, staff representatives and student representatives shall hold speaking seats.
The Faculty Council shall have authority to formulate policy
1. The curriculum of the College
2. The facilitation of teaching, research, and service
3. The structure of the College related to academic matters
4. Standards for admission, retention, progression, graduation and dismissal of students
5. Aspects of student life directly related to the academic process
6. Faculty conduct and discipline
7. Faculty appointment, retention, tenure and promotion
8. Protection for freedom of expression and academic freedom
9. Faculty and student grievance procedures