- Extended Learning Home
- Outreach and Enrichment
- College Challenge
- Indiana State Online
For further information and assistance, contact:
Indiana State Online
Nursing Education Post-Master's Certificate
Indiana State University offers the Nursing Education Graduate Certificate for registered nurses holding a master's degree in nursing who desire to continue their education and expand their educator certification.
- The Nursing Education Post-Master's Certificate is a 14-credit-hour program that can be that can be completed entirely online.
- The program can be completed in one calendar year.
- Clinical placement can be arranged in the student's community.
- All courses are developed and taught by ISU's nursing faculty.
- Upon successful completion of program requirements, a certificate is awarded and students are eligible to take the National League for Nursing (NLN) Nurse Educator Certification Examination.
All courses are offered online. On-campus visits are not required. High-speed Internet access is required.
[ list all ]
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a master degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing (or equivalent accreditation association) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Hold a current registered nurse licensure or equivalent in the geographic location where the student does his/her preceptorship or clinical practicum
- Provide three (3) letters of reference including at least one academic and one professional reference
- Provide a personal statement of professional goals that describe the student's leadership and community service as a registered nurse
- Provide a current passport photo
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is not required
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Graduate Nursing Program (renamed the Department of Advanced Practice Nursing in 2008) at Indiana State University admitted its first students in 1986. It has maintained continuous accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) since 1989.
For application instructions and deadlines, visit Post-Master's Nurse Educator.
Fees & Expenses:
Nursing students pay the same University fees as other students, including online education delivery fees. Other expenses specific to the program include books, supplies/equipment, name pin, special test fees, and a clinical/program fee attached to designated courses. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from clinical and practicum experiences.
Financial Aid & Assistance:
Graduate students may be eligible for federal student loans if they are admitted into graduate degrees (or first-time teacher certification programs) and meet other eligibility requirements. Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Private alternative loans can help students pay college expenses that may not be covered by federal loan programs or other financial aid. For more information, visit financial aid.
Further Information:Department of Advanced Practice Nursing
Indiana State University
Landsbaum Center, Room 222
1-888-293-4842, option 3
For more information, complete the Nursing Program's request for information form.
Indiana State Online Students Residing Outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering online degrees. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU online programs may not be available in all states. Currently, online programs are not offered in the state of Massachusetts. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, visit program availability.
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.