What is required to play racquetball?
- Membership in HHS or SRC facilities. HHS membership is included when a SRC membership is purchased.
- All users of the ISU racquetball courts are required to sign an
Acknowledgement, Recognition, and Waiver Form.
- To secure a court, individuals must check in with the
racquetball court supervisor and show their ISU Sycamore ID card for
a court assignment. All courts are limited to a maximum of one hour
of play. Court assignments change every hour.
- Players must furnish their own equipment. Shoes, racquets,
goggles, and balls must comply with the equipment specifications:
- Court shoes or any other shoe that would leave dark marks on
the floor will not be allowed on the courts.
- Bare feet and street shoes will not be allowed in the
- Only AARA approved racquetballs will be accepted for use in
- All racquets must have a protective bumper and wrist
- Lens eye wear is required to play racquetball and
handball. Lens eye wear designed for racquet sports is
required apparel for all players including players who require
corrective eye wear. Approved over glasses are required for players
wearing corrective glasses. The protective eye wear must be worn as
designed and may not be altered. The protective eye wear must be on
the American Amateur Racquetball Association's approved list
available in the Office of Recreational Sports.
Violation and Penalties
Players who are in violation of the eye wear policy will be
asked to stop play and leave the court immediately:
- First time offenders will lose their privilege of using the
courts for one week.
- Second time offenders will lose their privilege of using the
courts for one month.
- Third time offenders will lose their privilege of using the
courts for one year.
How do I reserve a court?
Courts may be reserved in the Office of Recreational Sports,
in the SRC or by calling
Racquetball/Handball are very strenuous physical activities. The
potential exists for players to suffer serious injury or illness as a
result of play. Participants may play at their own risk!
This is a modified version of the Racquetball Court Use Policies and
Procedures document which is available in the Office of Recreational
Enter your email address in the block below, and off you go!