Academic Programs Abroad

Academic programs abroad (asa)

Academic Studies Abroad (ASA) is a study abroad provider with summer, semester, and academic year options in Central America, South America and Europe.   All programs include tuition, housing, a site director or advisor, airport pick-up, excursions, health insurance, and more.

The Director of ASA, Lee Frankel, believes that providing personalized attention, as well as a quick response to questions, will enable students to ease through the process of selecting the best program.  In fact, ISU students on ASA programs comment immediately upon arrival that” the ASA program is really great and making it super easy to get adjusted to the lifestyle”.

As an affiliate member of ASA, ISU students have access to outstanding programs as well as scholarship!

What are the requirements?

Most programs have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5, though some require between a 2.7-3.0 to participate.  Students must be in good standing and must have completed at least two semesters of college-level work prior to participation.

How competitive is this program?

ASA programs are non-competitive and all students who meet basic requirements are able to participate.

How do I apply ?  

Applying to as ASA program is very easy. Just go online to and begin there. The directions are very clear and easy to follow.

What is the deadline for submitting an application?

Deadlines vary, so check the ASA website at to see what the deadline is for the program you are interested in.

 What about payment?

An upfront application deposit of $150 is needed to secure your place. Since ISA an affiliate member, ASA will send an invoice to the Study Abroad Director and the program fees will go onto to your student bill. All financial aid will be collected as well as any balance due. Then, ISU will send payment to ASA.

What are my language options with ASA?

Through ASA you can build language skills in Spanish in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Peru, and Spain. All offer coursework at all levels in addition to coursework in English.

Study Italian in Italy or French in France.