Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Chemistry
B.S., 2004, Chemistry, University of Science & Technology of China
M.S., 2007, Chemistry, University of Science & Technology of China
Ph.D., 2012, Inorganic Chemistry, University of California-Riverside
2015-2018 School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University
2013-2015 Materials Science & Engineering Department, University of Washington
Phone: (812) 237-2233
Dr. Zuo is interested in the rational design of new materials. These materials will have customized properties appropriate for the desired applications. One area of research involves doping chemistry to modulate the band structure of inorganic semiconductor oxides, leading to variable optical and electronic properties. The resulting materials could have broad applications in clean, renewable energy. Another avenue of research investigates inorganic-organic hybrid 2D structure. By applying simple but powerful chemistry tools, a new type of hybrid 2D structure (different from current, well-studied inorganic 2D materials) with unconventional electronic and optical properties will be formed and studied.
1. H.-T. Zhang, F. Zuo, F. Li, H. Chan, Q. Wu, Z. Zhang, B. Narayanan, K. Ramadoss, I. Chakraborty, G. Saha, G. Kamath, K. Roy, H. Zhou, A. A. Chubykin, S. K. R. S. Sankaranarayanan, J. H. Choi, S. Ramanathan “Perovskite Nickelates as Bio-Electronic Interfaces” Nature Communications 2019 10, 1651.
2. F. Zuo, P. Panda, M. Kotiuga, J. Li, M. G. Kang, C. Mazzoli, H. Zhou, A. Barbour, S. Wilkins, B. Narayanan, M. Cherukara, Z. Zhang, S. K. R. S. Sankaranarayanan, R. Comin, K. M. Rabe, K. Roy, S. Ramanathan “Habituation based Synaptic Plasticity and Organismic Learning in a Quantum Perovskite” Nature Communications 2017, 8, 240.
3. F. Zuo, S. T. Williams, P. W. Liang, C. C. Chueh, C. Y. Liao, A. K. Y. Jen “Binary-Metal Perovskites Toward High-Performance Planar-Heterojunction Hybrid Solar Cells” Advanced Materials 2014, 26, 6454-6460.
4. F. Zuo, K. Bozhilov, R. J. Dillon, L. Wang, P. Smith, X. Zhao, C. Bardeen, P. Feng “Active Facets on Ti3+ Doped TiO2: An Effective Strategy to Improve the Visible Light Photocatalytic Activity” Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2012, 51, 6223-6226.
5. F. Zuo, L. Wang, T. Wu, Z. Zhang, D. Borchardt, P. Feng “Self-Doped Ti3+ Enhanced Photocatalyst for Hydrogen Production under Visible Light” Journal of the American Chemical Society 2010, 132, 11856-11857.
Jennifer Inlow, Chairperson
Department of Chemistry and Physics
600 Chestnut Street
Science Building, Room 035
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Office: Science 035
Office: Science 165
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM