You are here
Master of Science Degree in Educational Technology
The M.S. degree in Educational Technology is designed to provide appropriate professional skill to plan, operate, evaluate, and integrate specific types of instructional media and technology programs in educational institutions. Graduates are anticipated to accept leadership positions in schools or other training programs. The curriculum stresses acquaintance with a variety of media in order to serve the needs of instruction in the 21st Century.
Applicants seeking admission to the M.S. program in Curriculum and Instruction must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.A minimum grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.00 scale is required.
Applications must be received by the cut dates below for consideration:
- November 1st for a Spring Semester start
- March 1st for a Summer start
- June 1st for a Fall Semester start
Regarding Language requirements... This Curriculum, Instruction and Educational Technology Programs will accept only Original TOEFL scores and will not accept ELS or IELTS scores for those students requiring language verification,
Late applications who meet admission requirements will be referred for admission for the next enrollment period.
Important Dates for Graduate Students, including application deadlines.
Questions concerning the M.S. in Educational Technology program? Please contact Dr. Li-Wei Peng
Program of Study: M.S. in Educational Technology
Select 12 hours of educational technology courses and approved related area courses from selected specialization.
- CIMT 625 Multimedia Design for Interactive Learning
- CIMT 657 Courseware Design and the Web
- CIMT 672 Multimedia Authoring
- CIMT 687 Leading & Managing Technology Resources in Educational Settings
- CIMT 720 Advanced Instructional Design
- CIMT 740 The Technology of Distance Learning
Or other courses approved by advisor