All applicants for graduate degrees or certificates are required to complete to the application for admission to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
Grad School Application
In addition to that information, applicants should provide the following information:
For the Master of Public Administration:
- A 1-2 page personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing the MPA and why you believe attaining the degree will help you to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- A current resume outlining your educational, professional, volunteer, and extracurricular experiences
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education you have attended
- Must provide proof that you have been awarded a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three letters of recommendation (it is highly recommended that at least one letter of recommendation come from a faculty member who has taught you in a course)
For Certificates in Advanced Study of Public Administration or Advanced Study of Public Personnel Management
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education you have attended. Must provide proof that you have been awarded a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
NOTE: The minimum GPA for admission to College of Graduate and Professional Studies is 2.75.
Admission for Applicants from Outside the US
All international students from non-English speaking countries are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score at least 600 on the test. Students deficient in the English language and having a score of 600 on the TOEFL exam may be advised to join an English Language Institute to improve their competency in the language.