Change/Declare Major

Undergraduate students who wish to declare a major or minor in one or more of the programs listed below should follow the University’s procedures in requesting a change of program by visiting:

Students may also contact Education Student Services at (812)237-3131, visit our office in room 115 University Hall, or email at to meet with an advisor.

During this meeting, the advisor will provide an overview of the student’s intended program. Additionally, the advisor will review prior coursework, discuss applicable testing requirements, and provide an estimated time for graduation. If necessary, we will adjust the student’s current schedule to fit requirements of the new major. Finally, ESS will initiate the process to officially declare the student’s new major and new academic advisors.

Students who are considering one of the following programs are encouraged to contact us to begin the process:


  • Elementary Education
  • Special Education
  • Speech Language Pathology


  • Special Education
  • Counseling
  • Early Childhood Education