You are here
Meis Center: Resources
The following resources can help you plan your future. Check out the links below for more information.
Indiana State University’s Career Center is an important resource for all Indiana State students and alumni. Many services are provided through the Career Center that assist students in choosing their major, searching for jobs, and preparing for interviews. Presentations and workshops are also provided to give students and alumni additional information on topics such as networking, etiquette, and resumes. Some of their services are listed below:
MyPlan: This Career Center online service helps you plan your career. Using this service, you can take a variety of assessment tests as well as research information about specific jobs, such as descriptions and salary information.
Other Services: The Career Center also offers appointments for many different types of services, such as career planning, job search assistance, practice interviews, and resume assistance.
Major Planning: The following links can help you choose a major by providing information about various majors and professions.
Occupational Outlook Handbook: provides information pertaining to a job's training, salary, working conditions, and expected job prospects.
MyMajors.com: take an assessment to help choose your major.
O*Net Online: explore different professions based on your abilities, interests, or knowledge.
Checkout the Meis Center videos on our YouTube Channel
- Using LinkedIn During College - Creating your profile on LinkedIn (2019, 5:04)
- Getting Started with Handshake - Setting up your profile in Handshake (2019, 5:11)
- Handshake - Schedule an Appointment - Setting up an appointment with Career Services through Handshake (2019, 2:44)
- Networking Event Prep - General tips and advice for attending your first networking event (2019, 7:20)
- Study Tips for College - Developing these habits early on will help make you more prepared for your different courses and will help make studying easier! (2019, 2:17)
- Social Media in College - The appropriate use of social media in college (2019, 1:12)
Meis Student Development Center
ISU Career Center Liaison to the Scott College of Business