- Applications for the scholarship must be submitted by December 15.
- Eligible students need to be admitted to Indiana Indiana State University by December 1. Use the "Apply to Indiana State" button below
Here's what we offer:
$9,000 per year scholarship
$3,000 professional development account (may be used for study abroad and/or other leadership purposes)
Here's what you need:
To be eligible to apply, students must be admitted as an incoming freshman to Indiana State University. Qualified students must possess any one of the following three criteria:
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Achieve a ranking in the top 15 percent of their high school graduating class
- 1140 SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math) or 23 ACT
Developing Leaders in Risk Management and Insurance
The Gongaware Center was created in 1998 to support the College of Business' nationally recognized Insurance and Risk Management Program.
The Center was established with a $5 million gift from Donald and Patricia Gongaware for the purpose of developing future leaders in the insurance industry. Since its inception, part of the Gongaware Center's mission has included recruiting top high school students into the program and helping them build the technical, operational and leadership skills necessary to succeed in the industry and in the communities in which they live. Valuable scholarships are available for select students.
Gongaware Scholars current and past gather for a 2012 reunion at the Indianapolis Zoo with Gongaware Center benefactors Don and Pat Gongaware (third and fourth from left) as well as insurance program supporters Pete and Sue Hudson (far left).
April 29, 2019
RIMS 2019 was organized by the Risk and Insurance Management Society and took place in Boston between April 28 and May 1, 2019. Networks Financial Institute and Gongaware director Rebecca Wray attended with our Insurance and Risk Management students.
Our IRM students at RIMS 2019 in Boston (Photo Gallery)