SMIFC: SMIFC 2021 Conference COVID-19 Safety
The 8th Annual Student Managed Investment Fund Consortium (SMIFC) Conference took place in Chicago at The Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown on Thursday/Friday, October 28/29, 2021.
Look for #SMIFC2021 on social media
September 15, 2021
Dear SMIFC Partners,
On behalf of the SMIFC planning committee, I want to assure all who are attending this year’s conference that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 developments. To keep conference attendees safe, we have decided to limit the number of registrations for this year’s conference and encourage those who plan to attend, to register by next week (week ending September 24, 2021).
The safety of all our conference attendees is of utmost importance to Scott College of Business and Indiana State University. By attending the 2021 Student Managed Investment Fund Conference, in Chicago, IL, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health and safety beneficial conduct while attending the conference. This includes, but is not limited to, wearing a mask at all times unless actively eating or drinking, maintaining appropriate physical distancing, and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19. These protocols are a living document that will continue to evolve as venue and local standards change. We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and following guidance from the CDC as well as following standards set forth by the venue and the State of Illinois authorities. We will execute the following best practices to help attendees stay healthy and to reduce exposure and risk.
- Room set with social distance between meeting attendees as established by the authorities.
- Banquet set-up will follow social distance protocols.
- Clearly identify entrances and exits to meeting rooms.
- Will monitor recommendations from health authorities at the state, local levels, and city officials, and protocols can be altered to meet changes in the standards
- Visit https://www.hilton.com/en/corporate/cleanstay/ for hotel’s safety protocols.
- Poster Competition. Please only 1 team member presenting at poster competition.
- Encourage attendees to get vaccinated or test 72 hours prior to attending the conference. Indiana State University has made it a policy for our students to show proof of vaccination or negative test results prior to attending the conference.
Attendees are required to:
- Wear a mask, covering your nose and mouth, at all times except when actively eating or drinking.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, washing or hand sanitizing afterward
- Maintain social distancing
- Disinfect personal items such as cell phones and laptops
- If onsite and you become feverish or coughing, please stay in your room and notify your faculty advisor to report illness and do not return to the event.
Keeping everyone safe so all can enjoy the conference is our main priority. We look forward to being with all of you in Chicago.
Terry Daugherty, Ph.D.